2 Flares 2 Flares ×
Chocolate Nutella Strawberry Cheesecake Torte
- 200g dark cooking chocolate, finely chopped
- 200g unsalted butter, chopped
- 155g (3/4 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 35g (1⁄3 cup) Dutch cocoa powder, plus extra, to serve
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 125ml (1/2 cup) hot water
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 50g (1⁄3 cup) self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 27-30 (about 490g) evenly sized strawberries, washed, hulled, dried
- 200g dark choc melts
NUTELLA CHEESECAKE FILLING
- 2 x 250g packets cream cheese, at room temperature
- 480g (1 1/2 cups) Nutella
- 60g (1⁄3 cup) icing sugar mixture
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- 150g dark cooking chocolate, finely chopped
- 190g (3/4 cup) sour cream
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 160C/140C fan forced. Release base of a 22cm (base measurement) springform pan. Invert. Line base with baking paper. Secure in pan, allowing paper to overhang. Grease side of pan with butter.
- Step 2: Combine the chocolate, butter, brown sugar, cocoa, coffee and water in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High, stirring every minute, for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Use a balloon whisk to whisk in the flours and eggs. Pour into pan. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Set aside in pan to cool completely. Remove cake from pan. Clean the pan.
- Step 3: Grease clean pan with melted butter and line base and side with baking paper. Use a large serrated knife to cut the cake in half horizontally. Place cake base in pan, cut side up. Cut 10 strawberries in half. Arrange side-by-side against side of pan, cut sides out and pointy ends up. Trim if necessary so they are not higher than the rim of the pan.
- Step 4: To make the cheesecake filling, use electric beaters to beat cream cheese and Nutella in a bowl until smooth. Add the icing sugar and cream. Beat until well combined.
- Step 5: Spoon 1 cup of cheesecake filling into the centre of the pan and smooth the surface. Arrange remaining strawberries, pointy ends up, in the centre to form a cross and then make a diagonal line of strawberries in each quarter. Spoon remaining cheesecake filling over strawberries to cover. Smooth surface. Tap pan on bench to release air bubbles. Place remaining cake on top, cut side down. Place in the fridge for 6 hours to set.
- Step 6: Place a large sheet of baking paper on a work surface. Microwave choc melts in a microwave-safe bowl, on High, stirring every minute, for 1-2 minutes or until melted. Spread in a thin layer over paper. Place cylindrical objects (such as a rolling pin and/or spoon handles) under paper to make ripples in the chocolate. Leave to set. Break into shards.
- Step 7: To make the ganache, combine chocolate and sour cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High, stirring every minute, for 1-2 minutes or until melted and smooth.
- Step 8: Transfer cake to a serving plate. Drizzle with ganache. Top with chocolate shards and dust with extra cocoa. Serve immediately.